Firearms Instructor Course
MSA-South Africa offers Firearms Instructor and applies to all persons who will need to Supervise Firearm training at an accredited training institution, and this will include civilian, private and public law enforcement departments. This is compulsory unit standard to be achieved if you wish to register with P.F.T.C (Professional Firearm Trainers Council). The benefit of this training is that you will ad value to society that you will conduct training and will enhance safety consciousness of learners and the public during firearm training.
A person credited with this unit standard will be able to:
- Organize and present firearm training
- Apply evaluation techniques in respect of firearm related activities
- Ensure safe practice is being implemented during firearm training and assessment
- Demonstrate subject knowledge on commonly used firearms and ammunition in firearm training
- Explain corrective actions required in order to achieve set goals within a shooting environment
- Demonstrate practical shooting skills
Learning assumed to be in place:
It is assumed that learners are already competent in terms of the following unit standard.
- Communication at NQF Level 2
- Mathematical literacy at NQF Level 3
It is further assumed that the learner will have completed all unit standards relating to firearms that they intend to supervise, i.e. if the learner has completed unit standard 123515 “Handle and use a Handgun for business purposes” then this will enable the learner to supervise only this unit standard “123515” after achieving the unit standard “123520 Supervise firearm training”.
Any person attempting this course should already be proficient in the use of firearms; this is not an entry-level program so candidates must be experienced firearm users. We are not going to teach how to shoot; we are going to teach you how to teach others how to shoot. However we will make you a better shot and hopefully an Instructor that teaches well.
You must have already completed the following unit standards; if you have not, we can offer them to you as a complete package:
- 117705 -Knowledge of the firearms control act
- 119649 – Handle and use a Handgun
- 119652 – Handle and use a Shotgun
- 119651 – Handle and use a Manually operated Rifle
- 119650 – Handle and use a Self-loading Rifle
- 123515 – Handle and use a Handgun for Business purposes
- 123514 – Handle and use a Shotgun for Business purposes
- 123519 – Handle and use a Manually operated for Business purposes
- 123511 – Handle and use a Self-loading Rifle for Business purposes
- Unit standard name: Supervise Firearm training (Instructor)
- SAQA ID Unit standard no: 123520
- Credit bearing course: Credits 10 / NQF LEVEL 5
This course is internationally recognized and accredited locally by:
- P.F.T.C- Professional Firearm Trainers Council
- SASSETA (Safety and Security Sectorial Education Training Authority) No 051940000146
- SAPS (South African Police Services) No 4000134
- PSIRA (Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority).
For more information on this course or if you would like to make a booking, Get in contact with us