- Full payment for the courses is required on registration day. A set of training manuals will be issued to you so that you can start your open book tests in your own time at home.
- No Refunds whatsoever once the learner has registered and received training material.
- The training is not transferable to another learner; each learner will have a set of learning material with a unique learner number.
- The training material cannot be photo copied and must be filled in with BLACK INK.
- NO PHOTO COPIED TESTS OR TESTS FILLED IN WITH PENCIL WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- NO TIPEX CAN BE USED IN THE TESTS / ASSESSMENTS
- Each learner must fill in their own open tests at home. The closed book tests will be completed at our offices. No family member or friend can do this for you.
- If a translator is needed or the learner has special needs or special requirements, we will accommodate you the best way we can, however the assessment criteria cannot be changed whatsoever. The learner will need to cover the cost of a registered translator.
- An appointment must be made with M.S.A to complete your closed book tests and arrange a practical assessment on the shooting range.
- MSA Certificates and P.F.T.C. Statement of results will only be issued if the portfolio is complete with all the evidence and payment has been received in full.
- In the event of learners attending multiple unit standards over a period of time, our marking of tests and assessment turn around period, including certification can take up to 30 days.
- In the event of any learners that have been found NOT YET competent or any appeals against the training provider Magnum Shooting Academy (M.S.A), the learner cannot hold payment back for non-performance or non-attendance of the training.
- The training course/s you registered for must be completed within a 12-month period, if not; the learner will forfeit their registration course fees, and have to purchase a new course. This according to SAQA rule that the training and evidence collected is no longer current.
- If you have a valid excuse (Out of country for work) of the non-completion of the assessments, an additional admin fee of R250.00 is payable after this one year.
- Should the learner/s not be found competent in any part of the firearm training:
- No refunds will be given, Because of a non- competent result.
- It will remain the responsibility of the learner to follow up and book for additional training with M.S.A. for the learner/s to be re-assessed.
- The second re-assessment is free.
- The only costs liable for a second re-assessment will be range fees, consumables and or ammunition for the re-assessment of the learner.
- You will be made aware that the course has potential hazards as a practical component is completed on the shooting range and you will be asked to sign an indemnity declaration.
- That the course will be performed at your own risk and indemnifies M.S.A, and its employees, agents or assigns and hold them harmless against any claim.
- The learner has never been declared unfit to possess a firearm, or a firearm been confiscated from their possession or used in Illegal activity.
- It’s also the learners responsibly to supply M.S.A with a Certified copy of the learner’s identification document for registration.
- In the case of a learners attending additional courses with M.S.A, then the learner must supply M.S.A with copies of their previous training certificates from previous training providers for their portfolio of evidence to show they have completed those unit standards in order to continue with higher level unit standards.
SASSETA & P.F.T.C Certificates/Statement of Results
- In The case that a learner has attended a course with M.S.A in the past and has lost their certificates or certificates have been stolen or they have given the certificates to the SAPS by mistake, or any other reason, then the following will apply.
- M.S.A. can only re-issue certificates if your original (FILE- P.O.E) Portfolio of Evidence is in our archives which will be held at M.S.A for 6 years.
- M.S.A can only re-issue certificates if you produce proof that you have attended the course with M.S.A. Invoice/ copy of the certificate.
- M.S.A can only re-issue certificates if you produce an avadavat from SAPS that you have lost your certificates or for whatever reason.
- Produce a Certified copy of your ID Book.
- M.S.A. charges an admin fee to reprint of your M.S.A Certificate including a P.F.T.C. Statement of Results. R250.00
- Our certificates and Statement of Results do not expire.
- M.S.A. cannot be held responsible for SASSETA’s non-delivery of certificates for training which you attended in the past. We cannot get any certificates or copies of certificates from SASSETA as they no longer hold the accreditation for the firearm unit standards.
- We recommend attending training and complete the unit standards under the new Professional Firearm Trainers Council, (P.F.T.C.). You will then receive a M.S.A. Certificate and a P.F.T.C Statement of Results included, this is part of your training package. This is what is needed when applying for SAPS Competence and SAPS firearm license.
- The new P.F.T.C Statement of Results which replaces SASSETA Certificates is needed to renew a SAPS Competence or SAPS firearm license, and M.S.A has your P.O.E in archives, then we can register you at P.F.T.C and print you a P.F.T.C. Statement of results, we charge an admin fee of R250.00. Keep the originals in a safe place, make copies in file.
- If you have a training provider certificate and no Statement of Results, and your previous provider does no longer exist or the provider was issuing certificates in a fraudulent manner, we suggest you source an accredited training provider to get the correct training, the correct certificates.
- MSA prices of all our products, training courses and services that are offered can change without any prior notice. Prices would need to be confirmed at that time.
Please contact the MSA Team to ask any questions regarding the process. MSA has much information to assist you in this process, all available on our website. Take time to read properly and get informed of what’s going on. Don’t listen to bad information.
You will receive the professional support we have been offering to our clients since 2002, during and after the training & assessment to assist you in making this process easier.
Good luck, enjoy your experience with us.
James Bristow- Principal