An alarm system, preferably connected to an armed response company that can act to an alarm trigger, this can be an effective deterrent.
In the rural environment a siren/alarm on the roof that can be heard over a long distance and that can be activated by means of a switch/panic button in the house, is recommended.
A few switches/panic buttons in different rooms of the house should preferably be installed, as well as a panic remote that can be placed anywhere in the house or garden.
Examples of alarm systems:
- Mechanical and/or electrical (purchased types)
- Improvised systems
- Threaded tins
- Threaded pieces of iron
- Gravel around window panes, pathways or around the home.
- Obstacles that can make a noise when moved, metal sounds will wake you and the dogs.
- Biological alarm Systems:
- Small dogs inside of the house as early warning, and larger dogs to sleep outside. Dog training will never go un-noticed and will add value to your home and family life.